Frank C. “Ham” Wilson, III has spent thirty-one years successfully trying lawsuits in state and federal courts in Boone, Newland and Jefferson, the state of North Carolina, and Alabama. Mr. Wilson’s practice is 75% litigation, and he has extensive experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury, construction, real estate and insurance matters. He has handled many complex real estate and construction matters, many of which were resolved without the necessity of a trial.
- Personal Injury
- Automobile Accidents and Injuries
- Construction Law
- Real Estate
- Adoption Law
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
– Birmingham, Alabama
- University of Alabama
– 1979 – B.A.
Admitted to Practice:
- Alabama, 1983
- North Carolina, 2000
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama
Professional Membership Affiliations:
- Watauga County Bar Association; Past Treasurer and President
- Alabama State Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar Association; Litigation Section; Construction Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- Boone Sunrise Rotary Club; Board Member and Past President (2013-2014) Member of Rotary for 20 years
- Horse Helpers of the High Country, Inc.; Non-Profit Horse rescue and adoption charity; Board Member and Counsel
- Club 12 Board Member (2012- )
- Watauga County Parks and Recreation; Volunteer coach for soccer and football
- $725,000.00 Jury Verdict for neck injury: I was Co-trial counsel for plaintiff in a personal injury case for a 15 year old basketball player who suffered a broken neck without paralysis in a collision between an asphalt company truck and a team bus, resulting in a $725,000.00 jury verdict.
- Wrongful Death Settlement: I was Co-Plaintiff’s counsel for a woman killed in a collision with a Town of Boone snow plow with defective brakes. We defeated the town’s claim of sovereign immunity and negotiated a successful settlement at Mediation.
- Jury Verdict for General Contractor: I was Plaintiff’s counsel for a General Contractor in a two-week jury trial where the GC sued a homeowner for breach of contract for failure to pay and the homeowner countersued for breach of contract and unfair and deceptive trade practices, resulting in a Plaintiff’s verdict for $40,000.00 for the General Contractor and a verdict in favor of the General Contractor on the Counterclaim.
- Product Liability Defense Verdict: I was Lead Defense counsel in two-week jury trial, representing an Arkansas engineer who designed a saw in an Alabama saw mill and was sued by a worker who was injured while operating the saw, resulting in a defense verdict.
- Real Estate Disputes: I have represented many clients in litigation over real estate contracts, boundary lines, easements, drainage problems and tree removal. Our firm closes hundreds of real estate transactions each year, and we have a vast amount of experience in resolving real estate conflicts.
- Adoptions: The father of three adopted sons, I have represented many adoptive parents in local and interstate adoptions.
- Municipal law: I have represented many property developers before the Town of Boone Town Council and Board of Adjustments seeking Zoning and Conditional Use Permits for development of projects.